printer listed is no longer available. RACO will continue to carry labels,
accessories and supplies for as long as possible. Please contact a RACO
representative for additional information or for a replacement printer.
Or you may visit the
printer section of this
Datamax XL Thermal Transfer Bar Code Label
bar code labeling applications that require fast label throughput from a compact, reliable
printer, Datamax offers the XL.
The Datamax XL is designed for ease-of-use and ease of adjustment to provide greater
productivity in a variety of applications. With a 32-bit microprocessor and a print speed
of up to 6 inches pet second, the XL is one of the fastest 4" printers in its class.
These features, coupled with the XL's rugged, compact design provide a flexible,
economical solution to all of your bar code printing needs.
Options include: thermal transfer, cutter with tray, external rewind, metal cabinetry
and FLASH memory upgrade.
The Datamax XL Features:
- Faster Label Throughput - at 6 inches (152mm) per second, the XL is one
of the fastest bar code label, ticket and tag printers available.
- Rugged, Reliable and Compact -Durable and tough, in fact, the Datamax
XL is constructed of 85% metal, Most competitive models are made of plastic. This design
makes the XL ideal for demanding industrial applications, all in a compact, flexible
- Easy to Use - Designed for simple adjustment and operation to meet a
wide variety of application requirements with increased productivity.
- Loaded with Features - The XL offers standard serial and parallel
ports, as well as a standard internal rewind and present sensor.
The Datamax XL provides reliability, high performance and quality features at
an affordable price.
- PRINTER TYPE: Direct Thermal, Optional Thermal Transfer
- PRINT SPEED: 2" - 6" per second (5lmm- 152mm)
- RESOLUTION: 203 dpi (8 dots/mm)
- BAR CODE MODULUS: 5 mil to 110 mil "X" dimension in
picket fence or ladder orientations
- MAXIMUM PRINT WIDTH: 4.1" (l04mm)
- MEDIA WIDTH: 1" -4.65" (25mm- 118mm)
- PRINT LENGTH: .5" - 99" (13mm - 2515mm) 1" (25mm)
minimum print length with optional present sensor
- MEDIA WINDOW: Clear side door panel to easily monitor media
- MEDIA TYPE: Roll-fed or fan-fold materials, die-cut or
continuous labels; perforated or continuous tag/ticket stock
- MEDIA THICKNESS: .0025" - .0100" (.0635mm - .254mm)
- MEDIA SENSING: "See through" for liner-backed die-cut
labels and tags; left bias reflective sensor for media with black stripe sensing
- PRESENT SENSOR: Used for on-demand label dispensing
- INTERNAL REWIND: 3" (103mm) OD capacity; label backing
rewound in peel and present mode and liner rewound in batch mode with present sensor used
for on-demand label dispensing (factory installed)
- SUPPLY ROLL: 8" (203mm) maximum diameter on 1.5" -
3" (38mm-76mm) core. Fan-fold stock accepted from rear of printer
- LABEL BACKFEED: For use with optional cutter
- RIBBONS: Industry standard ribbon widths; 1" (25mm) ribbon
core, 1182' (360M) in length
- CABINET: Plastic construction; optional metal
- BAR CODES: Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, Code 128 (subsets A, B
and C), Codabar, LOGMARS, UPC-A, UPC-E, UPC 2 & 5 digit addendums, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN
2 & 5 digit addendums, UPC random weight, Code 93, MSI Plessey, Universal Shipping
Container Symbology, UCC/EAN Code 128, Postnet, Code 128 MOD 43, PDF 417
- RESIDENT FONTS: Nine alphanumeric fonts from .035" (.89mm)
to .64" (16.26mm) and OCR-A, OCR-B, CG TriumvirateTM from AGFA
in both portrait and landscape orientations (from 6 point to 36 point)
- CHARACTER SET: Modified IBM Code Page 850; includes
characters for English and most European, Scandinavian and Spanish speaking countries
- FONT EXPANSION/ROTATION: All fonts expandable vertically and
horizontally up to 24x; fonts and graphics can be printed in four directions: 0, 90,
180 and 270
- GRAPHICS SUPPORT: .PCX, .BMP and
- REVERSE FIELDS/MIRROR IMAGE: Any font or graphic field
can be printed as a normal or reverse image
- TIME AND DATE: Standard
- MEMORY MODULE SLOT: One side panel slot holds optional FLASH
- BUILT-IN ROM: Up to 4MB
- INTERNAL BATCH: Stand-alone label creation capability for Wyse
50 or compatible type terminals
- BUILT-IN DRAM: 4MB
- INTERFACES: Centronics Parallel port, RS232 at 300
to 38,400 BPS, optional RS422
- POWER SOURCE: 115, 230 VAC 50/60Hz available; specify when
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: 40 F to 95 F (4 C to 35 C)
- DIMENSIONS: 8.8" (224mm)H x 9.5" (241mm)W x 16.6"
- WEIGHT: 23lbs (10.4kg), metal 27lbs (12.3kg)
Back to Barcode
Back to Datamax
RACO Industries has competitive prices and quality, guaranteed. View our Manufacturers Listing Page
to see a listing of manufacturers with their products that we sell or visit
our Home Page to learn more about the
products that we carry and about RACO Industries. To hear our most recent low
prices just call us at 513-984-2101 or 800-446-1991!
RACO Industries also
carries a full line of barcoding printers,
supplies, software and accessories. Call for more details!
RACO Industries. Specifications and prices listed are subject to
change without notice. All products and brand names are trademarks of their respective
companies. All rights reserved.